Friday, September 3, 2010

Taksim, Istanbul

Taksim, Istanbul - Turkey

By pure coincidence Bob Dylan signs to Mr. Jones in my iPod. right now.

Millions of memories suddenly bombard me.

  • The steep streets that even the most daring drivers would avoid in the neighborhood where Mr A used to live. 
  • The restaurant where we ate the worse fajitas ever, and the stalls where we've eaten shawarmas a million times.
  • The pharmacy where for some unknown reason they thought I needed condoms when I was actually looking for Tylenol. 
  • The pedestrian street where I enjoy sitting up in the second floor of a cafe, near the window, and look at people. 
  • Mi favorite pizza margarita, with a cold beer.
  • That bar we went to with Leigh Anne, that will always remind me of Malasana in Madrid
  • One of the best breakfasts of my life, in that incredibly cosy cafe. 
  • The tram.

Taksim is all of that, and much more. Especially with Mr. Jones on the background. 

 

No comments: